- New South Wales
- Job Type
- about 2 years ago
- Assistant Director - People & Culture
- Six month temporary position with view to an 'ongoing' contract in the new year
- MUST have similar experience within a Government Agency
- Opportunity to develop a HR function and lend expertise to an excellent Government Agency
- Total remuneration up to $127,909 package depending on experience
An upstanding and reputable government agency, our client's primary goal is to ensure that specific pieces of legislation are adhered too to protect the public interest.
To this end, our client runs a fair and equitable process and offers a high-performing working environment whilst maintaining a culture that is inclusive, collaborative, non-judgemental and with high integrity.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Manager, with a Government background, to lend their expertise in setting up a HR Function. The People and Culture - Assistant Director will be responsible for managing Human Resource functions, end to end whilst providing strategic policy advice to the Executive.
- Provide HR advice to managers and staff, maintenance of personnel records, payroll, personnel policies, recruitment, training and development and workplace relations.
- Provide advice and manage staffing arrangements including; working with recruitment agencies to source temporary staff, ensuring that duties correctly reflect the appropriate management level and managing a comprehensive induction program for new starters
- Develop and maintain a suite of human resource policies and WHS policies and procedures
- Provide advice to the Executive and support an engaged, agile and expert culture
- Manage the Performance Review cycle
- Manage EAP arrangements and issues associated with the Enterprise Agreement
- Other duties as required
- An experienced HR Professional with extensive experience in an end-to-end HR Generalist function and experience within an Australian Government setting is non-negotiable.
- Experience devising and implementing new HR policies and procedures
- Full legislative knowledge and understanding
- MUST be an Australian Citizen
- Big picture thinker
- Must be passionate about about HR
- Immediate start
- Great leader | Great organisation
- An opportunity to lend your expertise to a newly created function
- A workforce that is collaborative and inclusive
- CBD location
Contact details - Ashley Duffy - 9195 2952