- Sydney C B D
- Competitive Salary
- Job Type
- 2 months ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Platform Manager who is an experienced leader with a strong understanding of the AWS environment and engineering practices, along with proven capabilities in team leadership and change. An integrated program of work has recently been established in order to maintain a single view of two programs so that resources and migration objectives can be managed smoothly. The Senior Platform Manager will lead the replatforming piece whilst ensuring effective delivery of platform operations throughout the period of migration and change.
Key priorities for the role:
- Manage the Platform team through the delivery of the project, including working with additional contractors to support the migration of existing services onto the new platform.
- Ensure efficient delivery and support for Platform operations during this time of transition.
- As part of a new technology governance framework, lead the definition and implementation of processes for platform operations in order to transition to BAU as an Operations Review Board.
- Lead a Platform team, along with influence and responsibilities related to the wider technology community.
- Be accountable for all aspects of platform performance, including customer satisfaction, operations, compliance and budget. The role works closely with the Chief Architect and Security teams to ensure that the platform is well designed, secure and compliant, sharing joint accountability for enabling the service lines.
- Oversee the design, development, delivery, operations, management and maintenance of Platform services ensuring alignment to the service strategy.
- Work with Platform Leads to ensure operations activities are aligned to the service strategy and meets organisational needs.
- Oversee management of service providers to ensure ongoing delivery of service excellence.
- Develop and maintain effective on-call support system for Platform services.
- Manage incidents effectively to minimise impact on the service and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to quickly establish effective relationships.
- Use a team approach to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver strategies that place customers at the centre of business decisions whilst maintaining compliance.
- Ability to lead courageously by confronting problems directly, taking action and being decisive, even when it may be challenging but the right thing to do.
- 5+ years’ experience in a relevant role, leading and motivating multi-disciplinary teams of technology professionals.
- 5+ years experience in software development and development management including modern methods such as CI/CD and compliance automation.
- 3+ years experience in AWS or similar public cloud provider.
- Significant experience in strategic product management of technology assets.
- Proven experience operating solutions at enterprise service levels and in a high compliance environment.
- Proven, effective stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage confidently at all levels.
- Proven successful experience leading a multi-disciplinary team in a complex environment using Agile methods.
- Proven organisational, project management, reporting and budget management skills.
- Working knowledge of ISM (Information Security Manual) and the Commonwealth Government security environment will be advantageous.
- Create an inclusive environment, share knowledge and empower your team.
- Ability to respond resourcefully, flexibly, and positively when faced with new challenges, transitions and demands. Ability to effectively deal with the pressure and complexities of various situations.
This is a compelling opportunity for a seasoned tech leader who relishes the challenge of bringing teams together to deliver a major project whilst putting operational processes in place to ensure sustainability and clarity of purpose around new ways of working. Our client has a positive working environment, with devops/engineering teams who value the chance to utilise their skills in a cutting edge AWS environment. Our client offers a competitive remuneration package, flexible working environment.
Click the 'Apply Now' button ASAP! If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion, please call Corin Roberts in our Sydney office on (02) 9195 2929