- Competitive Package
- Job Type
- 11 months ago
- Group General Counsel
- Leading Global Organisation
- Sydney Based – Competitive Remuneration
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global accommodation specialist Campus Living Villages (CLV) as Group and ANZ General Counsel. The role will be reporting into the Group Managing Director and is accountable for the management of the provision of legal services and legal advice; to support CLV’s operating business and investment portfolio. This includes providing advice and managing external legal firms regarding all corporate transactions including but not limited to, investment, divestment, finance transactions, debt transactions, management agreements, University agreements. This role will lead and negotiate, draft, advise on and settle a broad range of property, corporate, financial and debt transactions; including complex “PPP” infrastructure type transactions.
The role works collaboratively with the business to ensure that the operations of CLV are conducted within the limits prescribed by law and CLV’s rights are protected through the provision of sound legal advice and guidance. The incumbent will also support the ANZ COO by providing legal advice on, and commercial involvement in, all CLV ANZ matters.
The Group/ANZ General Counsel's role is to act as the principal adviser to the CLFM Group of companies, through the CEO; and as the principal legal advisor to the Executive Committee and ensure that the company receives the highest quality legal information, advice and counsel.
- Contributing to formulation of the overall company strategy.
- Taking the lead and overall responsibility in global company transactions working closely across the company; as well as overseeing and managing relationships with external legal and other advisors.
- Providing general legal advice and support to senior executives.
- Be across all contractual arrangements within the CLFM Group including those relating to each finance facility, University relationships and joint ventures.
- Providing day to day legal advice on Fund Matters.
- Maintaining group policies and procedures as they relate to the legal function.
- Managing the regional General Counsels who are direct reports, their teams, and ANZ legal counsels.
- Attending contract discussions and negotiations with stakeholders / customers / suppliers as required.
- Managing & resolving disputes through mediation or litigation.
- Overseeing compliance activities in ANZ.
- Ideally a minimum of 10 years PQE gained in-house or from a respected private practice firm.
- Extensive understanding of legal issues including PPP, complex infrastructure, financing and funding, funds management, joint ventures, commercial matters, trade practices as well as exposure to litigation.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of corporate governance and company secretarial requirements.
- A proven track record as a principal legal advisor to senior management and Board members on a broad range of complex legal issues.
- Previous exposure managing a regional commercial environment is preferable.
- Proven ability to manage competing and tight deadlines.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy working in a team and a solutions focused environment.
- Pro-active and positive attitude and ability to thrive in a fast paced and growth orientated environment.
This is a fantastic Group General Counsel opportunity; working at executive level it offers a varied and challenging role and the chance to be an integral part of the growing success of CLV
FutureYou have been exclusively retained to recruit this role. Any third party or direct applications will be forwarded to FutureYou for consideration. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large 0434 294 665. Or to apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.