- $80000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 2 months ago
- Legal Assistant in exciting growth area
- National firm
- Permanent opportunity
A leading law firm situated in the heart of Sydney, our client has a solid reputation for exceptional service across a number of areas of expertise.
The Legal Assistant will support an exciting and growth area of the business, providing administrative support to 2 x Partners, a Lawyer and a Trade Mark Attorney. The responsibilities are as follows:
- Extensive file and diary management
- Preparing and amending correspondence
- Preparing court documents
- Dictaphone typing
- Accounts and billing
- Keeping clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers.
- Maintenance of trade mark register
- Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organising materials for team case review.
To be successful in this application, you will have:
- At least five years similar experience, ideally within the corporate environment
- An interest in growth areas such as IT
- Operating knowledge of relevant systems such as; Open Practice, Elite or iManage
- Billing experience and appreciation for high volume nature of the process
- Self-motivation. A hard-working and pro-active candidate with a solid work ethic will do well in this application.
- Longevity and desire to grow with a business.
- Competitive salary package
- Nationally respected brand
- Inclusive and supportive team environment with solid processes in place
- Join an exciting team that is on a growth trajectory
Contact details - Ashley Duffy 9195 2953