- $60000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 2 years ago
- Derrimut Location
- AP & AR Specialist
- Six Week Assignment with an Immediate Start
A six week assignment with a tiling company that work on projects around Melbourne. Specialising building of apartments, this is a busy and varied role for an Assistant Accountant based in Derrimut.
About the Role
We’re seeking an Assistant Accountant who has experience in both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable for a 6 week period. We’re looking for a highly motivated individual with proven experience and is not afraid of hard work.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Managing the end to end AP and AR function
- Proactively managing overdue accounts and resolving payment discrepancies
- Reviewing debt recovery procedures and recommending changes
- Reconciliation of invoices checking to budgets before sending for approval
- Coding bank statements and reconciliations
- Independently dealing with suppliers
- Liaising with a range of stakeholders
- General administration including scanning, filing of invoices
- Month-end tasks and responsibilities
- Process improvement
- Confidence in both AP and AR disciplines
- Knowledge of ‘Reckon’ is essential
- Experience with debtors and creditors management, as well as conducting bank reconciliations
- Proven experience in AP, AR and cash flow management
- Confidence to get on the phone and follow up outstanding invoices / obtaining payments
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and self-motivated
- Ability to work within a team
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your accounts skills and experience as it could lead to a permanent role. Starting immediately, open availability is essential.
Want to know more? Contact Kate on 8547 1370.
Phone screening and interviews will take place immediately.