- New South Wales
- $200000 - $220000 per annum
- Job Type
- 5 months ago
Our client who is a leading global organisation is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel to head up the General Commercial Legal Team. This will be reporting into the General Counsel and working within their collegiate and focused legal team in Sydney. You will be responsible for contributing to the strategy and success of business operations through the provision of expert legal advice to key stakeholders and project teams.
- Drafting and negotiating general commercial contracts;
- Providing advice on contract/commercial law;
- Drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracting arrangements used by the business across all service lines;
- Keeping the business up to date on regulatory issues;
- Managing the organisations BAU commercial matters, including procurement agreements;
- Supporting the General Counsel on major strategic projects; and
- Managing and mentoring a small team of lawyers.
- Ideally a minimum of 7 years PAE gained in-house or from a respected private practice firm;
- Broad ranging commercial and corporate experience;
- Excellent stakeholder management and leadership skills;
- Makes decisions and exercises sound judgment on complex matters;
- Understanding of commercial drivers within a large multinational;
- Creates and helps reinforce team vision, goals and objectives; and
- Proven ability to develop strong internal and external relationships and enjoy working in a team environment.
In return the role offers the chance to join a high performing team, in a leadership role within a global organisation.
To apply for this opportunity please click the apply now button below or contact Camilla Overall on 0421 171 391.