- $90000 per annum, Benefits: + Super
- Job Type
- 11 months ago
• Work for an Australian owned success story experiencing huge growth
• The role will suit a commercially minded design and projects expert who has sourced manufactured products from abroad.
An Australian Owned Success story; the business is planning to increase their turnover 4 fold in the next 5 years and to do this they need Project focused Design experts who can take concepts and get them to market. This is a great opporutnity to join a truly impressive business based around creativity and customer service.
Reporting into the Leadership team the Product Development Engineer(s) will hold responsiblity for taking new products from concepts to a fully manufactured product. The successful candidate will use external manufacturers accross the world to produce specific designs for a range of household products. The Product Development Engineer will source, negotiate and project manage the manufacturing of a range of innovative household products. Specifically you will:
- Working within the desing team, take concepts and bring them to life
- Identify and project manage external manufacturers and act as a supplier development engineer to ensure products are designed on time in full
- Working alongside the NPD and Sales teams you will ensure products are viable and repeatable, owning the timeline from product specification to launch
- You will search for innovative sources of supply and focus on VA/VE activities to remove cost of production launches
Your role will directly impact upon the success of your employer, your role will be a unique and exciting blend of design, project management, supplier development, sourcing and quality and no two days will be the same!
You will be a Product/ Design Engineer exposed to global sources of manufacturing and supplier development. Specifically you will:
-Be commerically minded and Degree qualified with experience of using a 3D CAD System
-Be able to evidence having brought products to life from concept to release (ideally you will have done this with a White Goods, Furniture or even textiles and fashion)
-You will have held full life cycle responsiblity for a product line and understand how to manage external suppliers
-Your focus will be on product excellence, quality control and project management of suppliers
This role will suit a Project/ Design leader who has been exposed to global sources of supply and
Salary to reflect experience with the range being from $90,000 to $120,000 + Super
Matthew Walker, Associate Partner, 02 9195 2381