- Sydney C B D
- Executive level salary
- Job Type
- about 2 months ago
- Fast growing online fashion retail business
- Full responsibility and accountability for all aspects of the business
- Sydney CBD location
Our retained client is an online fashion company based in Sydney bringing on-trend, affordable fashion to female audience all over the world. This fast growing business is not only dominating the retail/e-commerce sector but is also an industry leader in marketing, data, tech, creative and customer experience.
We are seeking to appoint a General Manager to help drive the business forward and to achieve its next 5-year strategic plan. The business has grown rapidly, and now needs an experienced, competent and energetic indivudal to continue leading the business along a controlled growth trajectory. Whilst the role will oversee all functional areas of the business; the main focus of this role oversees the merchandising strategy including product, sourcing, category management as well as executing the brand strategy.
- Provide a fresh perspective on everything we do, with energy and teamwork to drive improvements across all business functions and other areas of responsibility.
- To lead, in conjunction with the CEO and CFO, the refinement and execution of the business’s strategy, and to assume full profit and loss accountability for the business.
- Responsibility for day to day management decisions overseeing all aspects of the business including Product, Marketing, Operations, Technology and Creative eComm.
- Maintain positive key supplier relationships at both a strategic and operational level to ensure ongoing availability of a quality product offering.
- Translate the company’s strategic vision and plan into an operational plan to ensure maximum profitable returns from our merchandising strategy.
- Monitor performance against plan, take appropriate steps to maximize sales and profit, increase stock turnover and minimize stock holding and dead stock
- Continuously monitor market activity, through regular competitor analysis, gathering market intelligence from a wide variety of sources in order to take appropriate commercial action; Identify and regularly review potential suppliers and negotiate commercially viable contracts; Build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers
- Acts as a direct liaison between the CEO and management of the business
- Communicates on behalf of the business to its customers, employees, authorities, business partners, and other stakeholders.
You will be a highly competent online retail executive. Your experience and track record in both the fashion and online space will be unmatched. If you have had global experience - this would be an added benefit.
- Extensive apparel/accessories/fashion background in a senior capacity with a proven track record in a vertical ladies fashion product offering and online channel retailing
- Proven executive leadership experience ideally gained across the retail sector with expertise in managing broad operations ideally but not essentially across product, e-comm, merchandising, logistics, commercial and customer service
- Extensive experience leading organisations to growth and sustainable success; minimum experience managing a $150m business
- Experience managing product (apparel) in its entire life cycle; from design to delivery
- Demonstrated track record on devising strategic CX strategies with effective and positive results
- Experience in leading and supporting Product and Creative teams is highly desirable
- Experience and or knowledge of the fast-fashion industry would be a distinct advantage
- Experience with global distribution would be desirable (but not mandatory)
International candidates also invited to apply.
Executive salary to reflect experience. To apply for his role, or for more information, please email only Richard Wynn via email@example.com.
This is a retained and exclusive assignment. All third party and/or direct applications will all be forwarded directly to FutureYou for consideration. No other recruitment agencies are involved in this assignment.