- Email email@example.com
- Job Type
- 4 months ago
- Legal team management opportunity
- Clear and rapid progression opportunities
- Develop your project and change management skillset
ALT is a fully-integrated and integral part of this firms international network, they offer innovative, market-leading solutions in respect of high-volume, document-intensive legal work. By combining cutting-edge technology with legal expertise, they have created a cost-competitive, bespoke offering which is tailored to their clients' requirements.
This role has 3 key areas of responsibility:
- Matter management (within Disputes) – this is at a high level, you will be responsible for the matter from start to end along with the team working on it. This means you could be managing a team of 5 Legal Analysts and 1 Solicitor or 40 Legal Analysts and 6 Solicitors (all depends on the size of the matter). ALT has a global reach and therefore the matter you're working on could be in in Europe, UK, Asia etc.
- Commercial/Project management – meeting internal and external stakeholders, preparing cost estimates, pitching for work, preparing proposals & tenders, business development
- People management – they will be responsible for 10-15 Solicitors (this will include pastoral care, mentoring, performance reviews etc.) 2-3 hours billable is required per day as it is multifaceted
What you need:
- 5 + years PAE with significant time spent in a litigation team.
- Strong foundation legal skills, including drafting, writing, negotiating and project management.
- Leadership, teamwork and communication skills and well-developed commercial acumen.
- Good understanding of law firm profitability and key drivers for financial efficiency; and ability to help manage costs and budget.
- Prior experience of supervising more junior solicitors or legal staff and the desire to further develop leadership and project management skillset.
- A high level of confidentiality with an ability to problem solve and handle difficult situations.
For a confidential discussion about all of your options, please contact Janina Loch on (03) 8547 1385 or 0431 467 636. Alternatively, to apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button.