- Melbourne C B D
- $130000 - $140000 per annum
- Job Type
- 12 months ago
Your role will see you working within one of the most successful retail organisations in the country, building an understanding of the business of retail and turning this understanding into solutions that support our customers, staff, and partners throughout the product life cycle of offering, selling, and fulfilling. You should thrive on the opportunity to solve complex challenging problems and relish the chance to explore and realise innovative ideas within the retail sector.
The Senior Developer will be part of a highly focused, mission-driven team delivering a range of solutions using emerging technologies as well facilitating ongoing enhancements to existing software. The Senior Developer will play a key role in the architecture of solutions delivered to the business, and will be involved throughout all stages of the software development process, including consultation with stakeholders, design, coding, testing and post-implementation support and maintenance.
- Designs and delivers effective technical solutions to meet the current and future needs of the business
- Builds effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure productive relationships, conducive to driving effective outcomes
- Continually improves codebase/s, processes, and techniques- leave it in better state than you found it
- Contributes to coding practice that lead to faster development and delivery time Ensures solutions are easy to maintain and operate and allow rapid innovation
- Contributes to coding practices that lead to less learning ramp up time for new coders
- Leverages scalable services to create horizontally scalable solutions
- Is focused on customers and works towards creating a great experience for them
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years exposure to the software development life-cycle in a production setting (e.g. C#, Node.js)
- Expert knowledge of languages used with modern development practices
- Expert knowledge in SQL including performance tuning
- Experience with at *least* one or more web client-side frameworks such as React, Backbone, AngularJS, Ember, Backbone etc.
- Exposure to cloud based solutions
- Knowledgeable in performance optimisation
- An understanding of the latest architectural trends for developing scalable secure applications.
- Highly proficient with experience with responsive web development; cross-browser and cross-device agnostic development.
- Experience in lean software development methodologies, including code review, TDD/BDD, pairing, and continuous integration.
- Experience with other languages including but not limited to functional languages, NodeJS, Python etc
- Solid experience with git, git-flow (branching strategies) and it's supporting tool set (git CLI, SourceTree, SmartGit ) eg: not just commit + push
- Experience in agile methodologies and its application to the development process
- Experience in complex, high-performance, high traffic web projects
Our client offers a competitive remuneration package, flexible working environment, career development, and an extensive range of well being and benefit offerings.
Click the 'Apply Now' button ASAP! If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion, please call Marc Richardson in our Melbourne office on (03) 8547 1363