- $220000 - $250000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive Package
- Job Type
- 3 months ago
- General Counsel – ANZ
- Leading Global Organisation
- Sydney Based – Competitive Remuneration
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global university accommodation specialist Campus Living Villages (CLV) as General Counsel – ANZ. Reporting into the Group General Counsel and accountable to the Group General Counsel and CEO ANZ you will be responsible for the management of the provision of legal advice to support Australia and New Zealand business, including property transactions and portfolio. This will include providing advice, and managing external firms, regarding all corporate transactions including investment, divestment and finance transactions. You will work collaboratively with the business to ensure that the operations of the Company are conducted within the limits prescribed by law and the Company’s rights are protected through the provision of sound legal advice and guidance.
The role will provide legal advice on and commercial involvement in the ANZ business including:
- Providing general legal advice and support to senior executives
- Responsible for the ANZ legal function including supervising ANZ legal counsel
- Negotiating, drafting, advising on and settling a broad range of property and operational transactions.
- Co-ordinating and overseeing external law firms providing advice.
- Managing & resolving disputes through mediation or litigation
- Developing and mentoring legal counsel in ANZ
- Overseeing compliance activities in ANZ.
- Ideally a minimum of 10 years PQE gained in-house or from a respected private practice firm.
- Previous exposure managing a regional commercial environment is preferable
- Previous experience dealing with complex transactions across commercial property (including PPP).
- Extensive experience in documenting project finance and/or property development deals.
- Experience in the provision of advice of more general legal issues that are encountered in the day to day operations of a business.
- Proven ability to manage a team
- Proven ability to manage competing and tight deadlines
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working in a team and a solutions focused environment
- Pro-active and positive attitude and ability to thrive in a fast paced and growth orientated environment
This is a fantastic General Counsel opportunity; working at executive level it offers a varied and challenging role and the chance to be an integral part of the success of CLV .
FutureYou have been exclusively retained to recruit this role. Any third party or direct applications will be forwarded to FutureYou for consideration. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large 0434 294 665. Or to apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.