- $180000 per annum
- Job Type
- 5 months ago
Our client is a modern practice looking for a 2IC to a well-respected & dynamic Partner where they will have the autonomy & confidence to liaise with the wider team & bring new ideas to the table.
Acting for a number of household brands on large scale global projects, you will predominately handle advisory focused work with some compliance & a small amount of litigation. You will be involved in the following:
- Employment aspects of corporate M&A deals & advising on tax driven restructures both locally and overseas.
- Working closely with People Advisory Services on workplace relations issues such as redundancies.
- Reviewing & advising on legislation, awards/entitlements and statutory instruments including interpretation of enterprise agreements.
- Advising on compliance issues & legal risk working closely with auditors & the assurance team.
- Advising and representing employer clients in relation to general protection, termination disputes and unfair dismissal claims.
- A minimum of 5-8 years PQE with top-tier, reputable mid-tier/boutique or a global/in-house organisation;
- Solid private practice training on the defendant side.
- At least 50% of your caseload will have an advisory focus in either pure employment law, industrial relations &/or workplace relations.
- Compliance exposure would be advantageous but not essential.
- Technically strong with an adaptable working style.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with marketing capabilities
- Confident and autonomous with prior experience mentoring juniors.
- Self-motivated team-player with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Above market rate salary.
- A host of benefits & corporate discounts
- Defined fast–track path to partnership
- Flexible working practices - incl 1 day from home
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Camilla Overall on 0291952981/0421 171 391.