- $180000 per annum
- Job Type
- over 2 years ago
• Driving design and delivery of key projects in the Data and AI strategy portfolio
• Permanent role, Sydney CBD location
Leading Australian Financial Services Firm
Create high level designs that ensure the successful delivery of high quality solutions that align and contribute to the maximum degree possible to advancing longer term technology objectives. High level designs will reuse existing solution and architecture building blocks, improve/enhance them or create new patterns and/or designs where required.
This role will collaborate with the bank’s project teams and partners to lead and provide end-to-end solution design advisory, input & design governance and hands-on delivery. Solution Architects will ensure high level solution designs are developed that address the required functional and non-functional requirements while aligning with strategic business and architectural directions and engage throughout the project life cycle to contribute to successful program delivery.
- Combine a knowledge of industry trends and outcomes from research to influence, inform and improve technology related management decision making across the bank
- Provide directly or facilitate the provision of expert technical leadership across multi-disciplinary teams to promote the successful delivery of technology capabilities
- Engage and collaborate with leading partners including emerging start-ups to architect and design fit-for-purpose end-to-end solutions based upon a well governed agile and iterative methodology.
- Collaborate with Domain and Enterprise architects, Technology Leads, Business SME’s, BAU support staff, partners and other SME’s to shape, promote and contribute to the development and advancement of a target stage technology and business road maps.
- Engage regularly with technology vendors and utilize available research services to remain abreast of market activities, best practices and to educate business representatives around technology directions
- Lead the preparation of solution designs that are aligned to target or current state domain and enterprise architectures and strategic goals and with due consideration to clear capture of functional requirements and equal consideration to capturing and designing for the underlying non-functional requirements, with particular attention to security, scalability, maintainability, flexibility, availability, deliverability and integration and reuse of existing or emerging new capabilities.
- Ensure all facets of the design and candidate technology components are integrated to deliver an architecturally compliant solution.
- Work in conjunction with technical leads, performing hands-on development to reinforce understanding of development issues which will aid in continually improving solution designs, patterns and standards.
- Engage throughout the program life cycle to ensure that solution designs are delivered and comply with the appropriate levels of technical quality attributes – performance, scalability, availability, security, modifiability, supportability, re-usability, sociability
- Review & assess detailed system designs throughout the program life cycle to ensure they continue to align to original High Level Design and Domain and Enterprise Architecture strategies, while considering & balancing appropriately program delivery, business constraints and priorities.
- In consultation with Domain and Enterprise Architects facilitate business engagement and build support for designing innovative solutions that help advance broader strategic capabilities.
- Utilise agile, lean & customer design methodologies where appropriate in your work
- A minimum 5 years’ experience contributing to the delivery of innovative data driven solutions.Exceptional communications skills to convey complex information in simple terms able to be understood by non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated talents in problem solving, collaboration, consultation and working within both formal and informal team environments
- Coordination and influencing ability
- Strong analytical ability with a capability to pitch technical information to staff at multiple levels within the organization (including non-technical audiences)
- Ability to rapidly acquire an understanding of complex business problems/requirements to develop solutions and designs, regardless of existing areas of expertise or specialization.
- Ability to define complex and innovative technical solutions to business problems with due consideration to the business problem, group synergies and commercial reality.
- Ability to take a “big picture” view
- Ability to work at varying levels of detail from high level architecture to low level aspects of component design
- Ability to work in a flexible environment and be adaptable to change
- Highly motivated and driven with an ability to work independently with limited direction
What's on offer!
Our client offers a competitive remuneration package, flexible working, career development, and an extensive range of well being and benefit offerings.
Click the 'Apply Now' button ASAP! If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion, please call Ginny Roy in our Sydney office on (02) 9195 2920