- $200000 per annum
- Job Type
- 11 months ago
National commercial firm is seeking to strengthen its public sector presence and bring on an experienced corporate commercial lawyer with IT/IP & procurement experience to join a close-knit team in Canberra. With a strong brand in this space, our client acts largely for a mix of public sector clients with a focus on defence work.
With a national presence, you will be involved in:
- Providing commercial advice to government clients (both government & state) on major acquisition and sustainment projects, including but not limited to air, maritime, land & communications.
- Drafting contracts, licences, MOUs, funding agreements and deeds.
- Advising on IT/IP contracting issues including cloud, software licences, hardware and software support/maintenance agreements as well as IP ownership, IP rights and limitations for major projects.
- Advising on procurement and tendering process and evaluating responses.
- A minimum of 6-10 years plus PQE gained within a top-tier, mid-tier or well–regarded boutique firm or in government;
- Demonstrated experience working for public sector/government clients; or in the defence/procurement space.
- A strong interest in & ability to advise on IP/IT related commercial matters.
- The ability to work autonomously, as well as the capability to supervise/mentor juniors.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Merit based bonus scheme.
- Fast track path to Partnership.
- Flexible working practices.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Camilla Overall on 029 195 2981/0421 171 391.