- Job description available on request
- Job Type
- 5 months ago
- Industry-leading, dynamic engineering business
- General corporate commercial focus across the Group
- Suits a person seeking to be a trusted adviser and valued stakeholder
A leading engineering organisation is seeking an experienced commercial lawyer with an IT focus to join their experienced and established team. The opportunity has arisen due to growth and will be reporting into the Legal Manager - ANZ. This is a key role within the legal team providing legal support to the business on all aspects of commercial work.
- Providing support and strategic advice to the Group across various areas of law: digital / technology, design and construction, privacy, intellectual property, workplace health and safety and competition
- Managing, negotiating & advising the business on a range of commercial IT agreements including software licensing, outsourcing agreements, reseller agreements as well as drafting commercial contracts for use by the business
- Advising the business on various IT focused legal issues – ranging from IP commercialisation & protection to i-cloud, licensing, information security & risk mitigation;
- Keeping the business abreast of regulatory and compliance requirements
- Managing and building relationships with external law firms and stakeholders
- Ideally 3-7 years’ PAE gained at a top-tier or mid-tier firm or alternatively, in-house
- Broad ranging corporate, regulatory and/or commercial law experience
- Prior exposure to commercial IT agreements in the technology space
- Strategic-thinker with the confidence to advise the business on a range of contract issues.
- Resilient with a calm demeanour & a solutions-focused approach.
- Strong interpersonally with an ability to build effective relationships with both internal & external stakeholders
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package
- Opportunity for promotion internally
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment
- A host of other benefits
This role is exclusive to FutureYou. For a full position description and a confidential discussion about this role please contact Janina Loch on (03) 8547 1385 or 0431 46 76 36, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org