- $130000 - $180000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive Package
- Job Type
- about 1 year ago
- In-house legal counsel role
- Industry-leading, dynamic engineering business
- General corporate commercial focus across the Group
- Suits a person seeking to be a trusted adviser and valued stakeholder
A leading engineering organisation is seeking an experienced commercial lawyer with an IT focus to join their experienced and established team. The opportunity has arisen due to growth and will be reporting into the Legal Manager - ANZ. This is a key role within the legal team providing legal support to the business on all aspects of commercial work.
- Providing support and strategic advice to the Group across various areas of law: digital / technology, design and construction, privacy, intellectual property, workplace health and safety and competition.
- Managing, negotiating & advising the business on a range of commercial IT agreements including software licensing, outsourcing agreements, reseller agreements as well as drafting commercial contracts for use by the business.
- Advising the business on various IT focused legal issues – ranging from IP commercialisation & protection to i-cloud, licensing, information security & risk mitigation;
- Keep the business abreast of regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Manage and build relationships with external law firms and stakeholders
- Ideally a minimum of 3-7years’ PAE gained at a top-tier, mid-tier or in-house organisation
- Broad ranging corporate, regulatory and/or commercial law experience
- Prior exposure to commercial IT agreements in the technology space
- Strategic-thinker with the confidence to advise the business on a range of contract issues.
- Resilient with a calm demeanour & a solutions-focused approach.
- Strong interpersonally with an ability to build effective relationships with both internal & external stakeholders.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- Opportunity for promotion internally.
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment.
- A host of other benefits.
This role is exclusive to FutureYou. To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.