- North Sydney
- $105000 - $115000 per annum
- Job Type
- over 2 years ago
- Global FMCG.
- Leadership role.
- World renowned brands
Our client is a market leading business with world recognized brands and a footprint allover the world. As one of the market leaders globally they are striving to perfectly combine the past, present and future in all that they do. A family run multinational they have tenacity at the heart of there business.
The Demand Manager is responsible for the monthly forecasting process, ensuring alignment between senior management, business channels, and other stakeholders and achieving improved forecasting and inventory optimization.
- Manage, develop, and facilitate the monthly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) monthly process
- Align Sales & Marketing plans with financial/business plans and the resulting operations plans, through the S&OP process
- Educate cross-functional partners on the S&OP forecasting process and engage them in the ongoing process as appropriate while maintain process discipline, rigor, and compliance
- Work with the Sales team to create a consensus based unconstrained sales volume plan and document demand drivers and assignable causes to demand changes each period as well underlying assumptions of the demand plan
- Summary of risks and opportunities, gaps between forecast and budget/latest estimate
- Use, develop and maintain Supply Chain Planning software, execute weekly forecast load
- Collaborate closely with the Supply planning team to ensure excellent Case fill rate/order fill rate
- Supporting Customer service activities by providing clear summary of promotion/activation schedules, allocation strategy when needed
- Establish metrics for monitoring and improve the S&OP process. Use these metrics to identify potential future process improvement opportunities
- Average F/C and bias acc vs last year
- Provide monthly metrics reports on net change from previous month’s forecast, programs, forecast accuracy, etc. and the result of operational impact
- Manage two direct reports, support the demand planning functions
- Coach and develop team, ensure effective succession planning and ongoing development in human resources support the S&OP process
- Direct, motivate, coach, develop and communicate with staff to meet all operational and regulatory requirements, foster team spirit, and increase ownership, accountability and technical skills
- Solid experience in demand planning, S&OP facilitation and S&OP implementation
- Strong leadership skills in projects, processes and teams
- Strong collaborator and net worker with ability to build and maintain remote relations
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrated capability to communicate and influence at all levels of an organization
- Highly skilled facilitator and presenter
- Strong negotiation skills – uses informal networks to influence and deliver initiatives
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and internal client service orientation
- Strong Analytical Skills and ability to analyse & interpret data, and resolve abnormalities
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to manage several projects of multiple priorities at same time
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Senior S&OP or Demand Planning role
- Exposure to “Best in Class” S&OP processes in a similar industry
- Previous FMCG, preferably food, experience from multi-product line company operating in multiple classes of trade including grocery, independents, mass merchant, etc.
This an excellent opportunity to step into a leadership role for a senior demand planning professional at a global business.
Dir - 02 9195 2385
Mob - 0421 451 709