- $160000 - $180000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive Package
- Job Type
- over 2 years ago
- Legal Counsel – Banking & Finance
- International Bank
- Sydney – Flexible Workplace
A leading International bank is seeking an experienced lawyer to join their group legal team.
The role will be supporting the General Counsel and legal team to provide legal advice across a number of business units. This opportunity offers the chance to be an integral part of a high performing and collegiate legal team.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Providing legal advice, guidance and transactional support to teams including Structured Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Corporate Banking, Mid Market Enterprise Banking and International Subsidiary Banking
- Supporting the General Counsel with regulatory and remediation initiatives in relation to legal risks arising out of the commercial banking business
- Identifying, formulating, and communicating strategic policies, procedures and controls to ensure that the Group’s exposure to legal risk is effectively managed.
- Keeping the business and the General Counsel updated on material legal issues and developments.
- Mentoring and assisting junior lawyers.
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years PQE gained from a leading law firm or in-house organisation
- In-house experience with a leading financial institution preferred
- Knowledge of the Australian banking and financial services legal regime
- Strong banking and finance transactional experience ideally with exposure to complex syndicated/club lending transactions
- Derivatives experience favorable but not essential
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Highly organised and motivated
If you are a driven and positive individual who is looking for their next challenge in a Global Bank this could be the next step for you. Offering a diverse legal workload in a supportive team environment.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large 0434 294 665.