- Salary information available on request
- Job Type
- over 2 years ago
- Chambers recognised Partners
- National mid-tier firm
- Excellent career development opportunities
Recently they have grown significantly creating an opportunity for a Senior Associate to join the dynamic and enthusiastic Melbourne team!
The key responsibilities for this role are as follows;
- legislation and government policies, procedures and codes, particularly relating to building industry regulation and infrastructure procurement
- advising on suitable project procurement methodologies such as construct only, design and construct, managing contractor, early contractor involvement, and alliancing
- preparing expression of interest and invitation to tender documents and assisting private and public sector organisations conduct these processes (including evaluation and negotiation)
- preparing all forms of contract documents relating to construction and infrastructure projects including facilities management, operation and maintenance contracts
- establishment and management of bidding consortia
- managing contractor arrangements
- advising on PPPs, particularly at the delivery level
- contract administration and strategic advice to manage risk and minimise or avoid disputation
- dispute resolution, including under the State and Territory ‘Security of Payment’ legislation.
The successful candidate will need to be an energetic, driven and focused individual with exceptional academic achievements. Other requirements for this role are as follows;
- A minimum a of 5 years’ experience in construction and infrastructure, ideally gained within a top tier or large international legal practice
- Exceptional analytical, technical and drafting skills
- Demonstrated experience dealing with complex transactions
- The ability to run smaller transactional matters autonomously
- Outstanding client liaison skills
This is a genuine career opportunity to work with leaders in the field in a national firm offering mentoring, career progression opportunities along with a long list of benefits.
How to apply:
This is one of several Construction roles FutureYou is recruiting in Melbourne. For a confidential discussion about all of your options, please contact Anna Caelli on (03) 8547 1386 or 0478 832 930. Alternatively, to apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button.