- $180000 per annum
- Job Type
- 2 months ago
- Business Critical Projects
- Financial Markets Focus
- KDB/Surveillance SME
Leading financial services organisation
- Our client runs a 3 lines of defense model across its risk functions. The role is responsible for supporting the 2nd Line Monitoring and Surveillance function to develop and undertake planned and ad-hoc monitoring activities
- Be an instrumental member of the Intelligence Team’s design and implementation of our client's Line 2 Monitoring and Surveillance solutions.
- Contribute to the ongoing tactical prototype builds, and strategic projects and activities to develop and enhance Surveillance
- Prepare and present analysis such as feasibility and cost benefit of data and software solutions to meet Line 2 Monitoring and Surveillance requirements.
- Contribute to the end to end design, including but not limited to, data identification, ingestion, and implementation of back end function, provide insightful analytics, and develop front end reporting screens and dash boards.
- Conduct research and testing of cutting edge surveillance algorithms, incorporating machine learning, natural language processing and AI techniques.
- Support in driving “next generation” monitoring and surveillance strategy and framework, to provide the most efficient and insightful risk identification.
- Conduct deep dives on key risks, with flexibility to devote sufficient time to identify more systemic behaviours.
- Prepare insightful management information/dashboards for the business and other stakeholders to demonstrate the value of the function and highlight new/emerging risks identified by monitoring
- Provide analysis of regulatory requirements and developments relevant to the Group
- Strong background in Linux/Unix, KDB+/q, VBA, SQL, Python, Tableau
- Strong algorithmic/mathematical background
- 3+ years’ experience in front office or compliance/regulatory related roles.
- Knowledge of Financial Markets Instruments and trading (e.g. FX, Commodities, Fixed income and Derivatives).
- An understanding of Australia’s markets and financial services laws, regulatory requirements and the key risks associated with this area.
- Ability to think “out-of-the box” and think innovatively in order to find the best way to detect implement solutions that detect inappropriate/ unusual activity and then curiosity to follow through with any risks identified.
- Ability to lead discussions around complex problems with relevant stakeholders.
- Good presentation skills, including one-to-one, small group and senior management.
Excellent opportunity to join and highly progressive organisation in a business critical position.