- $130000 - $150000 per annum
- Job Type
- 7 months ago
The client is a rapidly growing contract manufacturer of agricultural chemical products operating a facility based near Penrith. The client has a growing order book and has several exciting years ahead delivering into multinational customers. Delivering into the worlds largest manufacturers of chemical products the business provides a huge opportunity for a hands on Operations Manager to shape the future of the operation.
About The Role
Reporting directly to the General Manager the role holder will hold authority over the entire site. With 30 people in manufacturing operating a 2 shift production facility the role holder will control manufacturing and the strategy of it. Specifically you will:
- Ensure optimal utilization of plant, equipment and personnel (including new CAPEX investment)
- Focus on safety as the number one priority.
- Ensure volume targets in production are met, providing the highest level of DIFOT and customer service with any non conformance investigated, resolved and corrective action implemented
- Develop training plans for all site operatives (manufacturing and distribution)
- In conjunction with the Technical and Quality Directors lead all Audits and ensure raw materials are available and of the highest quality prior to production
- A proven manufacturing/ operations or plant manager
- A Tertiary Degree in Chemistry or Engineering related subject
- Extensive experience leading a volume manufacturing operation- ideally chemicals
- Understanding of LEAN Manufacturing and safe working with hazardous products
In return this a chance to join a flexible, growing manufacturer which is a market leader in its category.
Package On Offer
Highly competitive basic salary + super + Up to 10% company led bonus
Matthew Walker, Associate Partner, 02 9195 2381