- $160000 - $180000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive Package
- Job Type
- about 1 year ago
- Legal Counsel
- Leading Global Bank
- In-House Sydney
A leading global bank is seeking a legal counsel to join their group legal team. The role will be supporting the General Counsel and legal team to provide comprehensive legal advice to senior management and all Group functions, the team advises on and takes an active involvement in all business and operational strategies and initiatives, from legislative and regulatory matters to the setting of policies, standards and procedures. This opportunity offers the chance to be an integral part of a high performing and collegiate legal team.
This will be a varied role supporting the growing Australian and International business.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice to the Commercial Banking (CMB) business and providing legal advice, guidance and transactional support to teams including Structured Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Agribusiness, Corporate Banking, Mid Market Enterprise Banking and International Subsidiary Banking
- Supporting the General Counsel with regulatory and remediation initiatives in relation to legal risks arising out of the commercial banking business
- Ensure any matters arising from legal issues are managed and mitigated promptly, with remedial action initiated in line with the materiality of the risk or issue.
- Identifying, formulating, and communicating strategic policies, procedures and controls to ensure that the Group’s exposure to legal risk is effectively managed.
- Keeping the business and the General Counsel updated on material legal issues and developments.
- Mentoring and assisting junior lawyers.
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years PQE gained from a leading law firm or in-house organisation
- In-house experience with a leading financial institution preferred
- Knowledge of the Australian banking and financial services legal regime
- Strong banking and finance transactional experience ideally with exposure to complex syndicated/club lending transactions
- Derivatives experience favorable but not essential
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to make decisions under pressure
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Highly organized and motivated
If you are a driven and positive individual who is looking for their next challenge in a Global Bank this could be the next step for you. Offering a diverse legal workload in a supportive team environment.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large 0434 294 665.