- $60000 - $85000 per annum
- Job Type
- over 2 years ago
- 4 Partner firm based in Footscray
- Beautiful modern offices with free parking
- Enviable portfolio of clients in a growing team
FutureYou is partnering with a highly regarded firm based in Footscray, who provide their clients with the highest level of service. Working within a fast-paced team environment, you will work with a diverse range of clients (SME’s and not-for-profits) both in the office and off-site. You will liaise with client management and develop a sound understanding of client business processes and accounting procedures. You will also have the opportunity to recommend improvements to client systems, business processes and controls.
The culture at this firm is extremely sociable and team orientated, where staff enjoy 6 official functions for the year, as well as many unofficial outings organised by the social committee. This firm has excellent training and career development, as displayed by 2 associate partners, who began at the firm as graduates.
In your role, you will report into the Audit Principal while working with a diverse portfolio of clients.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Establish working relationships with client personnel
- Perform analytical review of audit documents
- Review client accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control
- Identify accounting and auditing issues; perform research to solve issues that arise
- Prepare financial statement reports and documentation supporting the firm’s audit opinions
- Provide recommendations for improved controls and enhanced business efficiency
- Demonstrate ability to plan and manage engagements and people along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines
- You may also be involved in the accounting and subsequent financial reporting for the firm’s accounting clients from time to time.
Suitable candidates for this role will ideally have:
- Be a team player with a tertiary qualification in Accounting.
- Preferably have at least 1 to 5 year’s audit experience, with excellent attention to detail.
- Have a good understanding of Australian Accounting Standards & IFRS as well as Australian Auditing Standards and Corporation Law.
- Have excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have excellent time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work autonomously or work as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Show initiative, responsibility and commitment to the team
For a confidential chat, call Tom Miles on 0412 995 104.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.