- Geelong West
- $50000 - $60000 per annum
- Job Type
- over 2 years ago
• Geelong location
• Excellent training
FutureYou are currently partnering with a Top BRW firm in Geelong who are looking for a junior/intermediate accountant to join not one but two teams in the firm. This firm holds a number of services for their clients including SMSFs, valuations and forensic accounting, Estate Planning, Financial Planning, Tax consulting, Business services and audit.
Located close to public transport and with parking close by they are easily accessible.
The firm offers fantastic training for both gaining your qualification and other tax training and training for the wider office on a weekly basis.
Close to cafes and shops it is central for nice lunches and catching up with friends after work.
As this is a hybrid role between accounting and audit the individual will grow in both divisions before deciding on which side they want to excel their career in.
As this is a hybrid role the individual will have two main lines of report; business services and audit. Below is an outline on both.
- Service a range of clients including individuals, partnerships, trusts, companies, multi-entities and SMSF
- Prepare BAS and IAS
- Prepare taxation returns and financial statements
- Lodge ASIC forms and liaise with the ATO
- Accompany the Manager and Partner to client meetings
- Conduct tax legislation research for the Manager
- Assist the Manager and Partner with preparing advice for clients
- Complete audit testing based on the audit plan
- Assist senior team members with audit procedures
- Preparation of non-complex special purpose financial reports
- Conduct SMSF audits and assist with management of process
- Ensure work is completed within budget and on time
To be successful for this role you will;
- Recent Graduate
- Excellent results in Tertiary education
- Possess 1-2 years public practice experience in Tax and Business Services or Audit (we are unable to consider candidates who do not possess this experience)
- Hard working, able to multi-task, reliable
- Professional presentation
- High attention to detail
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary package
- Generous study support for University and CA qualifications
- Genuine career development opportunities and transparent processes for advancement
- Regular training to support your career path
- A culture that promotes work life balance. This is encouraged through monthly drinks, team building activities and through various initiatives
- Gain exposure to a broad range of clients operating in various industries
- Work with a team who is passionate about what they do and a strong believer of a collaborative culture
For a confidential chat, call Leanne Colwell on 0432 629 574.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.