- Salary information available on request
- Job Type
- 5 months ago
- Legal team management opportunity
- Clear and rapid progression opportunities
- Develop your project and change management skillset
ALT is a fully-integrated and integral part of this firms international network, they offer innovative, market-leading solutions in respect of high-volume, document-intensive legal work. By combining cutting-edge technology with legal expertise, they have created a cost-competitive, bespoke offering which is tailored to their clients' requirements.
This role has 3 key areas of responsibility:
- Matter management (within Disputes) – this is at a high level, you will be responsible for the matter from start to end along with the team working on it. This means you could be managing a team of 5 Legal Analysts and 1 Solicitor or 40 Legal Analysts and 6 Solicitors (all depends on the size of the matter). ALT has a global reach and therefore the matter you're working on could be in in Europe, UK, Asia etc.
- Commercial/Project management – meeting internal and external stakeholders, preparing cost estimates, pitching for work, preparing proposals & tenders, business development
- People management – they will be responsible for 10-15 Solicitors (this will include pastoral care, mentoring, performance reviews etc.) 2-3 hours billable is required per day as it is multifaceted
What you need:
- 5 + years PAE with significant time spent in a litigation team.
- Strong foundation legal skills, including drafting, writing, negotiating and project management.
- Leadership, teamwork and communication skills and well-developed commercial acumen.
- Good understanding of law firm profitability and key drivers for financial efficiency; and ability to help manage costs and budget.
- Prior experience of supervising more junior solicitors or legal staff and the desire to further develop leadership and project management skillset.
- A high level of confidentiality with an ability to problem solve and handle difficult situations.
For a confidential discussion about all of your options, please contact Anna Caelli on (03) 8547 1386 or 0478 832 930. Alternatively, to apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button.