- Job Type
- 5 months ago
• Interesting project work
• Quick progression
FutureYou are currently working with a 3 Partner firm located in Melbourne CBD who are loooking for a motivated senior accountant. The firm is easily accessible via public transport and has a number of car parks in close proximity. The firm specalises in business services, Tax, Self-managed Super Funds and special projects for their clients. They pride themselves on their ability and want to fully understand their clients businesses and they way the clients want to grow.
This firm is looking for a senior ambitions accountant who is keen to do more then just compliance work for their clients.
Onside training is bi-weekly with ad hoc training provided in various areas, depending on what the staff would like to be unskilled in. The firm is a big believer in giving back to the staff for all the hard work they put in. They provide quarterly events, lunches on the business and Friday drinks after work along with heaps of other perks.
In your role, you will work closely with the partner on clients up to $30mil annual turnover.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Preparation of financial statements, taxation returns, company trusts, individual and self-managed super funds
- Exposure to a variety of tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7
- Preparing and lodging Business Activity Statements and Instalment Activity Statements
- Assist the Partners in managing, mentoring and reviewing the work of staff
- Tax planning, cashflow, budgeting and forecasting
- Running your own client meetings while providing comprehensive advisory
Suitable candidates for this role will ideally have:
- At least 4 years’ experience working in Business Services or Tax in Australia
- CA/CPA qualified
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic and pro-active mentality
- Work effectively in a team
- Experience mentoring and reviewing junior staff
- A keen want to do some value add work
If you feel like this sounds like the opportunity you were looking for to enhance your career, please feel free apply here or send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential chat, call Leanne Colwell on 0432 629 574.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.