- $62,400 + Superannuation
- Job Type
- over 2 years ago
- Ideal for someone driven by the detail
- Purpose led organisation with a difference
- Substantial property portfolio
Scouts Australia NSW is a “not-for-profit, not-for-loss, for people” volunteer organisation run by and for volunteers, and assisted by a small employed (paid) staff. Some 20 000 people, youth and adults, are involved in delivering and experiencing the Scout Youth Program, making Scouts one of the largest youth organisations in Australia outside the formal education system. Scouting’s mission is to contribute to the education of young people through a value system to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled and play a constructive role in society.
The Property Compliance Officer is responsible to the Senior Property Officer and Head of Property for the delivery of regulatory compliance including, but not limited to; Workplace, Health and Safety legislation, building regulations and other regulatory standards that apply to the properties owned and managed by Scouts NSW. The Property Compliance Officer will also be responsible for the coordination and implementation of inspections and compliance programmes. This role will ensure that there is continuity between the delivery of works on site and the production of a robust, auditable trail of certification.
- Previous experience in Property Compliance is desired.
- Also a sound knowledge of building regulations, compliance and coordinating property related audits and programs
- Experience and detailed familiarity with council planning/approval, Building Code of Australia, heritage, legal, valuation, conveyancing, safety and environmental issues pertaining to property acquisition, sale, upgrading, leasing and maintenance
- Working knowledge of and an ability to understand and apply the provisions of regulations including the Local Government Act, Consolidated Lands Act, Real Property Act, Retail Leases Act, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Building Code of Australia and Workplace, Health and Safety Act
- Solid understanding of and direct engagement with landlords (councils and government) in accordance with the lease negotiation and renewal process
A salary of $62,400 + Superannuation is on offer for the right candidate looking to make a difference within this purpose led organisation.