- North Ryde
- $130000 per annum, Benefits: (including super) + 7.5% Bonus
- Job Type
- over 2 years ago
• Production management role, 100 staff, heavy focus on training and development of supervisors
• Site Manager succession plan in 2 years
A well known name in food manufacturing with multiple sites. Based at their Western Sydney plant the role is newly implemented to the structure and offers great autonomy.
Reporting to the Plant Manager the Production Manager will lead a team of 7 supervisors and up to 110 staff based at this volume processing plant. The role holder will have full control across the production scorecard (Output, safety, quality, reliability) and in particular will:
- Drive a Safety First culture on site, training and evelopment all staff to ensure safety is the highest priority on site
- All daily, weekly and monthly reporting to senior leadership (including variance from forecast, variance from labout cost etc)
- Creation and implementation of continuous improvement techniques and teams to reduce waste on site
- Major focus on training and development and the up skilling of supervisors to enable the creation of a world class manufacturing site
The role is newly implemented and you will have autonomy to train, develop and shape production as agreed with the Plant Manager. The role will be challenging and varied and will require a proven Production Manager.
This is an extremely rare opportunity to move into food manufacturing from outside of the sector. Given the Plant Manager has come from general manufacturing the client is happy to consider someone from metals, recycling, packaging or other world class led environments. In order to be considered for this role whilst sector experience isnt critcial your CV must demonstrate the ability to run a volume processing facility of at least 50 staff along with considerable achievements regarding the training and development of Shift Managers and Supervisors and implementation of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
$130,000 (Salary inclusive of super annuation) + 7.5% bonus
Matthew Walker, Associate Partner, 02 9195 2381