- Sydney C B D
- Job Type
- 7 months ago
- Won Awards for ‘Best Professional Services Firm’ and nominated for Australian Business Champion Awards.
- Modern up to date offices
- With significant growth they have been able to expand their broad client base across Australia
- Professional Career and development and Employee Benefits
An Exciting opportunity for a senior accountant to join a boutique accounting firm in south Sydney.
You will be responsible for delivering accounting and taxation services including compliance, business improvement and advisory services for both families and thriving busineses.
- Preparation of financial statements, and income tax returns notes, schedules, for all types of business structures including complex groups
- Preparation of monthly management reporting
- Provide guidance and mentor junior staff to ensure all clients receive a consistently high level of quality in service and outcome
- Coordinate with relevant leaders across the various phases of an engagement
- Maintain effective communication with clients, managers and Partners
- Apply thorough working knowledge of the Australian taxation system to identify and provide recommendations on a range of technical issues and proactive tax planning measures
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant Finance, Accounting or Commerce degree and CA qualification (desirable)
- 3-4 years’ accounting experience, preferably within the business services division of a multi-partner chartered accounting firm
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- Exposure to high net worth clients and complex business structures including large companies and trusts
- Demonstrate a good practical understanding of specific tax issues such as Division 7A, Part 4A of the ITAA.
- Good understanding of GST, FBT and self-managed superannuation funds
- Strong attention to detail and effective communication skills and ability to build and maintain trusted working relationships with clients and peers
- Ability to deliver successful outcomes within set timeframes
- Learn from the best – Strong high performing team
- Working on a broad and complex client base
- Supportive working culture
- Sociable culture – After friday drinks