- $55000 - $80000 per annum
- Job Type
- 6 months ago
- 5 Partner, 30 staff firm based in the CBD
- Full exposure to clients with up to $120mil annual turnover and complex multi entity groups
- Beautiful modern offices in convenient location
FutureYou is partnering with one of the most established boutique firms in Melbourne CBD. This firm provides industry leading training both internally and externally for their accountants. Your new firm provides staff with monthly Tax Banter, NTAA seminars, 2 paid days off for CA/CPA studies, as well as ad hoc training in legal matters such as volunteered administration and liquidation, family law, criminal law etc. The partner of this business services team is extremely hands on with training, regularly providing staff with role played business advisory scenarios to sharpen the team's business advisory skills.
The culture within the firm is professional but down to earth. Staff regularly get together to go to lunch, bowling, dinners, drinks, movies etc. The Partners work closely with the accountants within their teams, providing a lot of mentoring and training. The firm has beautiful modern offices and a lovely kitchenette with a TV, microwave, coffee machine, toasted sandwich machine and more.
In your role, you will be exposed to clients with up to $120mil annual turnover and complex multi entity groups. You will also be involved in compiling up to 40 SMSFs per annum with another accountant.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Preparation of financial statements and taxation returns for companies, trusts, partnerships, individuals and self-managed super funds
- Exposure to a variety of tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7
- Preparing and lodging Business Activity Statements and Instalment Activity Statements
- Attending and running client meetings
- Developing your business advisory skills
Suitable candidates for this role will ideally have:
At least 2 years’ experience working in Business Services or Tax in Australia
- Commenced CA/CPA qualifications
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic and pro-active mentality
- A willingness to learn and progress internally
For a confidential chat, call Tom Miles on 0412 995 104.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.