- $50000 per annum
- Job Type
- 2 months ago
- Perfect graduate-level position
- Purpose led organisation with a difference
- Customer centric role
Scouts Australia NSW is a “not-for-profit, not-for-loss, for people” volunteer organisation run by and for volunteers, and assisted by a small employed (paid) staff. Some 20 000 people, youth and adults, are involved in delivering and experiencing the Scout Youth Program, making Scouts one of the largest youth organisations in Australia outside the formal education system. Scouting’s mission is to contribute to the education of young people through a value system to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled and play a constructive role in society.
Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Manager, the Communications Officer is responsible for the implementation of various marketing and communications activities to support the Scouts NSW Strategic Plan. The Communications Officer will play a vital role in liaising with internal staff and volunteers to identify marketing opportunities and requirements for various projects, and plan, implement and evaluate targeted marketing and communications campaigns to achieve project goals. This role also performs a variety of administrative and general operational duties in support of marketing campaigns and programs within the Marketing and Communications Department.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders, including the public
- Strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality
- High organisational and time management skills; a demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to exercise high levels of autonomy, while at the same time working effectively in a team based environment that is outcomes focused
A salary of $50,000 + Super is on offer for the right candidate looking to make a difference within this purpose led organisation.