- $110000 per annum, Benefits: Superannuation
- Job Type
- about 3 years ago
- Logistics Manager required for global food manufacturer
- Amazing opportunity in a rapidly growing company
- Excellent remuneration and career opportunities
Our client is a locally owned and operated vertically integrated food manufacturer, who supplies world class food products to local retailers, as well as exporting to over 15 countries worldwide.
Due to very strong double-digit demand growth over the past 5 years, the company is projected to double in size over the next 3 years. This increased demand has led to recent investments in brand new production machinery, warehousing facilities, smart software and highly advanced monitoring equipment.
My client is now seeking an experienced Logistics Manager to further develop and improve the warehousing and logistics function, as well as contribute to overall supply chain efficiency. The successful candidate will help to set up the systems and processes to allow for further expansion and efficiency gains.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be the efficient delivery of raw materials and finished goods to both internal and external customers.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Advocating and ensuring safety compliance in all aspects of transport operations
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships within the warehouse team and across the business
- Manage logistics movements including inbound, outbound and warehousing to support the operational needs of the business
- Budget setup and control
- Purchase packaging and consumables and manage the associated inventory levels
- Lead a team of 6-8 direct reports
- Develop and improve standard operating procedures and processes
- Help to define and implement a new inventory management system
- Improve warehouse utilisation and inventory flow, and manage inbound and outbound deliveries
- Manage small internal delivery fleet, review and improve delivery routes and plan for future growth
- Review and update 3PL contracts for interstate and international deliveries
The ideal candidate will have a tertiary degree in a technical or business-related discipline and at least 5+ years’ experience, ideally within an FMCG manufacturing environment.
You will have a strong continuous improvement focus, and a strategic, persistent mindset. A good working knowledge of the Microsoft suite is essential.
You will be a hands on leader with clear communication and direction, a sense of urgency, and excellent analytical skills.
This position provides the opportunity to join a rapidly growing and dynamic SME business with global reach and ambitions in an environment that values and rewards success and commitment.
You will have a large impact in a business which provides a lot of autonomy and freedom. This is essentially a greenfield opportunity with a highly successful business in a rapidly growing area, a rarity in the current job market.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Stuart van Heerden on 03 8547 1333 or email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.