- Job Type
- 4 months ago
$60,000 - $75000 package
- Excellent growth prospects and professional development and training
- Exposure to top quality clients
- Career progression
An exciting opportunity for an intermediate accountant - tax & business Services to join a rapidly expanding boutique accounting firm. This is an ideal opportunity for a proactive, enthusiastic professional with a desire to expand their knowledge in multiple areas of accounting and tax.
With offices based in the heart of Sydney's CBD, this Business Services practice is looking for a highly capable and enthusiastic accountant to join their team. Your role will be to assist managing a SME sized client base, providing an excellent service.
The work at the firm is varied and challenging, with clients' needs ranging from Tax Compliance, Business Advisory to Commercial support.
Preparation of financial statements and income tax returns for individuals, partnerships, companies, trusts and SMSFs.
- BAS, FBT GST, returns
- Monthly accounts management including balance sheet reconciliations, accounts payable, intercompany loan accounts, bank reconciliation and payment processing
- Working independently on small to medium assignments and assisting senior team members with large assignments
- Preparation of monthly management reporting
- Liaising with clients and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders, such as the ATO, ASIC and Auditors
- Degree qualified in accounting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting public practice – Australian firm
- Currently undertaking CPA / CA qualification
- Good knowledge of income tax, GST and accounting standards
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Xero & MYOB experience
- Division 7A experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Career Development and progression into senior roles
- Opportunity to work on a broad and complex client base
- Supportive working culture – Work Life Balance
- CA study support and recognition from CA ANZ
- Opportunity to work with Directors and Senior Managers
- External Training and Resources Provided
- After Work Friday Drinks – Sociable Friendly Environment
This role is being looked after by Riona Canavan 0431085399