- $100000 - $115000 per annum
- Job Type
- 7 months ago
• Newly implemented Production Manager role to support site growth
• Hands on Production Manager required to up skill supervisory structure and reduce waste
The client is a leader in multiple categories, manufacturing food products for both the major supermarkets and food service clients. With a firmly established site near Parramatta the client is embedding a new and exciting management team and as such has created a new role for a Production Manager.
Reporting to the Site Operations Manager the Production Manager will be responsible for 100 staff (rising to 140 in peak periods). You will effectively manage safety, production and output through the 6 Supervisors on site with a heavy focus on developing them to effectively manage their respective shifts. Working Monday to Friday (days), the Production Manager will:
- Manage the team of 6 Supervisors in a hands on way, helping them, to slowly become more autonomous
- Work in conjunction with the Plant Manager and Engineering team to improve equipment usage on site
- Develop and complete training and development plans for the Production function
- Monitor daily, weekly and mopnthly production targets and labour costs against plan
- Focus on safe working and champion an engaged Continuous Improvement led culture for the site
You wil be expected to produce enhanced volumes at minimum cost whilst improving quality and reducing non compliance and customer rejects. You will be able to deputise for the Plant Manager in addition.
To be successful in applying for this business critical and newly created role, you will be a Shift/ Production Manager with expertise in the Food, FMCG, Recycling or Packaging sectors. You will be dynamic and engaging and put your teams first; being able to evidence your experience of up-skilling and developing Supervisors within production. Ideally you will also be Degree qualified in an Engineering subject but certainly you will excel under pressure and be firm but fair in your approach, putting the welfare of your teams first at all times. In terms of development the ideal goal is for this role to suceed the Plant Manager in the next 18 months or so.
$105,000- $115,000 + Super Annuation + 7.5% bonus
Matthew Walker, Associate Partner, 02 9195 2381