- Job Type
- almost 3 years ago
Due to recent growth, they are now looking to hire a category manager to drive the strategic direction. Reporting into the head of category, you will play a pivotal role in the successful development of the category. You will have one direct report, as well as act as a mentor to more junior team members.
- Support and drive the development of the category vision, strategy and priorities
- Help to set price guidelines for products and brands
- Build deep knowledge and understanding of the consumer/shopper, the supplier/manufacturer and the retailer/customer
- Manage the efficiency of new products
- Act as the category / customer expert in the development of strategies, plans and tactics to positively impact performance, lead competitive advantage and impact of our joint category initiatives and plans
-Experience of working closely with the major grocery players, including presenting to these
-At least 5 years’ relevant industry or specialism experience
-Ability to translate data into insight to lead action
-Strong analytical skills and operational knowledge of iRI (Aztec) and Quantium (highly desirable) and knowledge of Space Planning software e.g. JDA, Apollo Spaceman (advantageous)
On offer for this role is a highly competitive remuneration package, coupled with industry leading employee benefits. The career opportunities with this employer really are endless.
If this role is of interest, please contact David Chapman on 02 9195 2348 or apply within.