- $110k to $120k base + super
- Job Type
- 4 months ago
- Prestigious Financial Services organisation
- Innovative, agile and dynamic culture
- Interaction with Executive level Stakeholders across the business
My client is a leading Financial Services organisation known for its remarkable organic growth, great reputation in the Australian market & for its fantastic culture supporting flexibility and work/life balance, located in Sydney CBD.
They are seeking a high caliber Senior Tax Accountant to join the Tax function on a 6 month contract with the view of becoming a permanent role.
This is a newly created role reporting directly into the Tax Manger and working closely with the Head of Tax. This is a high profile role in which you will have visibility of the overall business & products. You will also have the opportunity to business partner with senior executive level stakeholders across the entire business through to CFO.
This is a broad role spanning across Tax Compliance, Tax Advisory and Tax Governance.
- Preparing & lodging tax returns including BAS, FBT, GST, PAYG
- Analysing the tax implications of proposed major transactions including new product launches, leases and disposal of assets & advising Senior Management of the tax impact. Prepare and present associated tax treatments and disclosures.
- Assessing the impact of new or proposed legislation & tax rulings & advising Senior Management on the associated tax treatments & disclosure
- Identifying opportunities to reduce tax & presenting your recommendations to Senior Management
- Implementing a best practice tax framework as directed by external Tax Consultants
- Process improvements
- Stakeholder management
To be successful, you MUST have:
- CA/CPA qualification
- 4+ years of experience specialising in Tax
- Experience preparing various tax returns eg BAS/FBT/GST/PAYG
- Financial Services background will be highly regarded
- Tax Advisory experience in relation to mitigating tax
- Experience interpreting and implementing ATO requirements
- Experience implementing best practice tax framework and exposure to governance will be highly regarded
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner with senior stakeholders
The salary on offer for this role is $110,000 to $120,000 base + super.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract with the view of becoming a permanent role.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
Please contact Neha Jain on 0421 114 847 for a confidential discussion or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org