- New South Wales
- Job Type
- almost 3 years ago
- Expanding business
- Medical Device business.
- Growth Opportunity
Our client is a growing medical device business who have a global footprint and are looking to develop their internal processes to align with recent positive performance. A credible business who value not only their customers but also their people and seek to develop from within.
As the Demand & Supply Planner you will be reporting directly to the Inventory and logistics lead, managing the health of the inventory, improving forecasts and supply. The Demand & Supply Planner will have a clear focus on driving forecast accuracy, improved service levels and increased stock performance, reviewing all current processes and driving improvements in this area.
- Continuous improvement of the inventory and reporting function by analysis key data, process improvement, automation, etc.
- Preparation of reports (Inventory, KPIs, etc.)
- To support the inventory and supply chain function function ie. ensuring consistent supply of product and efficient use of capital and minimizing costs to pick, ship and store product.
- To handle customer orders and to ensure accurate and timely delivery as per customer’s requirements. To be the liaison for customer with regards to product availability/price/invoice and delivery.
- To monitor deviations between forecast input and actual sales recorded and work internally to bridge the difference to ensure supply for future orders.
- Receive and manage orders and shipment, inquiries and service complaints according to company Asia-Pacific procedures to ensure optimum customer satisfaction.
- Continuously liaise with distributors/sales when there are significant deviations between forecast and actual sales data.
- Pro-actively co-operate and communicate with sales and other internal/external organizations so as to assure that all deliveries to the customers are executed effectively and efficiently.
- Management of the day-to-day Inventory function, including ordering stock from our manufacturing plants, forecast and safety stock monitoring and management, tracking shipments, and ensuring completeness of the various processes with a cycle analysis and monitoring system.
- Weekly reconciliation of stock on hand to 3PL and 4PL warehouses
- Preparation and issuing Stock and Sales Summary reports, including details review and analysis with action to address any ‘future’ stock shortages based on recent sales and forecast information
- Preparation and clearing of customer Back Orders
- Review of stock expiry reports and preparation and proactive analysis of quarterly SLOB reports
- Process improvement and documentation (quality system standard)
- Accountability for stock data integrity
- Regular communication with the following parties to ensure smooth running of the inventory process and monitoring to ensure each party is working within defined KPIs eg. 3PL warehouse, 4PL warehouse, Freight forwarders, DC, Manufacturing plants, SCPs, etc.
- Tertiary education
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a customer oriented position in an international organization.
- Some experience in SAP R/3 SD (Sales and Distribution) module and banking documentation would be preferred.
- Inventory & supply chain management (1-3 years)
- Advanced excel user and experience with databases (preferably MS Access)
This is a great opportunity to join a successful global business and grow within this organization into a leadership role.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please feel free to contact David Glass - Dir - 02 9195 2385 / Mob - 0421 451 709