- Job Type
- 5 months ago
Global practice seeking a mid-level Immigration Lawyer/Associate & Registered Migration Agent to join a growing Employment division!
- 3-5 years PAE – Lawyer/Associate
- Solicitor & Registered Migration Agent preferable
- Global firm working with corporate clients
The role sits within the Employment division and will include providing immigration advice (including visa application and processing support) to a range of corporate clients (as well as employees & the families). Your responsibilities will include coordinating all aspects of visa processing from start to finish including:
- Assess eligibility for temporary/permanent residency & advising on sponsorship/employer obligations;
- Draft correspondence with clients on evidence required to support/lodge visa applications;
- Prepare, lodge, & manage visa applications from start to finish & liaise with the Department of Immigration in respect of the same;
- Prepare reports to clients & conduct research on various issues;
- Handling general immigration related queries/files; and
- Hearing preparation before the Migration Division of the AAT and Federal Court.
You will possess:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ PAE in Immigration-related work & migration legislation;
- A Registered Migration Agent for at least 2-3 years within a well-regarded private practice or specialist immigration practice/division;
- Prior experience with sponsorship TSS visas (457/482), Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) experience, Partner visas and applications for Permanent Residency.
- Strong academic qualifications.
- Self-motivated with strong domestic experience.
Benefits will include:
- Competitive salary package & benefits
- Travel insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Study Leave
- Flexible working arrangements