- Job Type
- almost 3 years ago
- Major Australian Law Firm
- Mix of front-end and back-end construction work – 1-3 years
- Supportive and friendly team culture
Our client is a major Australian Law firm with a strong presence in the construction space. Due to sustained growth, a new role has been created for a lawyer with 1-3 years’ PAE to work across 3 well-respected Partners to join their friendly, close knit team in Sydney.
In this role you will advise a varied client base including large corporates, contractors and government entities. You will be involved in drafting and negotiating a range of construction & project contracts. You will work with approachable partners and have regular client contact.
This role would suit either a front-end construction/projects lawyer (with a commercial background) or a commercial litigator with some experience in back-end construction who is looking to specialise in construction work.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 1-3 years’ PAE in construction (either front-end or back-end) from a reputable construction practice OR
- A commercial lawyer or commercial litigator who wants to specialise in construction.
- Excellent drafting skills and a basic understanding of the commercial aspects of construction and infrastructure projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- You will be motivated, energetic and enjoy building relationships with clients.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fantastic team where you will be mentored and supported by Partners to further develop your skills as a specialist construction lawyer.
Consultant: Camilla Overall