- $80000 - $100000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 2 months ago
Under limited supervision, the Senior Systems Analyst provides leadership and coordination of project teams consisting of management. users, IS staff, and vendors. Performs systems analyst activities and makes recommendations in areas that require a high level of technical competency.
Nature and Scope
The IT analyst, also called a systems analyst, designs and implements information systems that optimize organizational efficiency. The process begins with managers, who provide the IT analyst with a broad objective, like capturing marketing research data. The IT analyst employs modeling, information engineering and cost-based accounting to develop a system that satisfies both management and end-users in the most cost-effective and efficient way possible. Upon approval, the IT analyst oversees its implementation by managing programmers, coders and equipment vendors to ensure the design is properly executed in a timely manner and stays within budget. The IT analyst also debugs the system and ensures that it is error-free.
Essential Areas of Responsibility
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in "Other related duties as assigned":
Performs Systems Analysis:
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance existing infrastructure
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Analyse data contained in the corporate database, identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems, and implement solutions.
- Liaise with third party vendors to ensure appropriate standards are maintained and to make any changes required.
- Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the IT vendor to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the Systems and Performance Director.
- Participate on IT project steering committees and be involved in the design phase of any new IT development projects.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT issues.
- Ensure appropriate standards and procedures are adhered to during the development process to support a quality deliverable to FutureYou.
- Provide support to all staff with current IT systems.
- Other related duties as assigned